Click on the question below to see the response:
Q: What is RentBureau?
Q: What Are Your Requirements to Rent?
A: Pacifica Properties does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, disability or source of income. We comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning Fair Housing.
Thank you for your interest in a Pacifica Properties managed home. Our goal is to consistently offer top quality properties to our tenants. An important component of the management process is to maintain a thorough screening process. We will accept applications meeting the requirements listed here and in which all the applicants meet the following qualifications. Applications must be completed in full by all residents 18 years of age or over. Multiple applications for a specific property or unit will be processed on a first approved applicant basis, not to be confused with a first come, first serve basis.
Steps to become a tenant with Pacifica Properties
- Select your rental unit.
- To submit an application, applicants must have a combined income of at least three (3) times the amount of monthly rent.
- Complete the application on the designated form or online.
- Pay your non-refundable credit/screening fee of $40.00 per adult living on the property.
- Be prepared to wait three to five business days for the information on your application to be verified.
- Standard security deposits start at stated monthly rent per unit, additional deposit may be required per the screening criteria below.
- Once you have been approved, you will be required to pay the security deposit and sign the agreement to rent within 48 hours of notice to hold the unit.
- Lease documents will then be provided for you to review prior to moving in and an appointment will be scheduled for a move-in inspection.
- Property Manager will meet you at the property on the scheduled day to finalize documents and walk-thru home.
- Valid government issued identification with a picture id will be required.
- Invalid or no Social Security number will result in a denial of your application.
- A complete and accurate application listing the current and at least one previous rental reference with phone numbers will be required (incomplete applications will be returned).
- Each applicant will be required to qualify individually
- Applicants must be able to enter a legal and binding contract.
- Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for immediate denial.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs or reporting a conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance shall be denied.
- Any individual, who may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of an individual, the complex, or the property of others, will be denied.
- The denial of one applicant will result in the denial of the entire application.
- We do NOT accept co-signers
- Gross monthly household income must equal three times (3) the stated monthly rent. If monthly income does not equal three (3) times the stated monthly rent, an additional security deposit equal to a full month’s rent or more per property may be required. (at the discretion of the Property Manager)
- A current paycheck stub from your employer will be required. Verifiable income or liquid assets equal to three (3) times the total annual rent will be required for unemployed applicants. (Verifiable income may mean, but is not limited to: bank accounts, spousal support/child support, trust accounts, social security, unemployment, welfare, grants/loans.) Self-employed applicants will be required to show proof of income through copies of the previous tax return. Self-employed applicants will be verified through state records. A recorded business name or corporate filing may be sufficient to meet verification of employment.
- Application will be denied if the legal source of income cannot be verified.
- 2 years of verifiable rental history or mortgage history from a current third party landlord is required. (Rental references ending 12 months prior to the date of application will not be considered current)
- Home ownership is verified through the county tax assessor. Mortgage payments must be current, mortgages reflecting a past due balance will require an additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent. Home ownership negotiated through a land sales contract is verified through the contract holder.
- Eviction free rental history is required for all applicants. No exceptions!
- Rental history demonstrating residency, but not third party rental history, will not be accepted.
- Rental history reflecting past due rent or an outstanding balance will be denied.
- If a landlord gives a negative reference or refuses to give a reference, the application will be denied.
- Rental history demonstrating noise or other documented complaints will result in a denial when the landlord would not re-rent to applicant.
- Generally good to reasonable credit is desired. A negative report is considered any non-medical items 60 days past due or greater, collections, repossessions, liens, judgments or garnishments. Negative credit will result in additional requirements at the discretion of the Property Manager. To rate your credit we recommend www.creditkarma.com